Author: Harry Tev
Due to its high quality and innovative features, most people prefer iPhones. However, iPhones, like many other devices, may not always function at their best and may slow down as it gets older.
In today’s digital age, we spend a lot of time on our phones and use them to store information, keep memories, and stay in touch with friends and family. Therefore, no one wants their phone operation to slow down no matter what.
However, if this occurs, you might be tempted to exchange your phone for a new one. But the price of a brand-new device can reach thousands of dollars. So, what can you do next, then?
Today, I will show you some simple tactics that you can execute to speed up your iPhone
Reasons why your iPhone may be slow
There are several possible causes of the iPhone’s slow performance. However, the most common cause of this problem is the lack of storage space. Furthermore, your iPhone operation might be slow due to a weak battery, or a poor internet network.
How to get your iPhone to work faster
1. Restart your iPhone
Your device may become clogged with digital pathways but restarting it every few days can help clear those pathways. Restarting your phone might be helpful if your iPhone suddenly becomes slow for no apparent reason.
To restart on an iPhone X or later, follow these simple steps:
- Hold down the top volume and side buttons until a slider appears.
- To turn off your iPhone, drag the slider to the right.
- To turn on your device after the screen has gone completely blank, press and hold the side and top volume buttons again.
To restart your iPhone 6, 7, 8, or SE, follow these steps:
- Hold down the side button till the slider appears.
- Then move the slider to the right to turn off your device.
- To restart your device, press and hold the same button.
2. Check your battery
Your battery’s health may deteriorate over time. A standard battery, according to Apple, is designed to keep up to 80% of its original capacity after 500 full charge cycles. Following that, you may notice that your device requires more frequent charging or dies faster than it used to.
If everything appears to be working correctly and you’ve restarted your device, you might want to consider getting a new battery. You can contact your phone manufacturer or a nearby repair shop.
To check the health of your iPhone’s battery, follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Settings.’
- Select ‘Battery.’
- Select ‘Battery Health.’
3. Update your iOS
To keep your phone secure and at optimal performance, ensure your software is up to date. To make your phone faster, you should update to the most recent version of iOS if it’s compatible with your model.
How to update your iOS is as follows:
- Go to ‘Settings,’ then to ‘General,’ and then to ‘Software Update.’
- Select ‘Download and Install.’
- To update, click ‘Install.’
4. Remove background applications
If you’ve ever used a computer, you may notice that it responds slowly when several programs are running simultaneously. Well, your iPhone may experience the same thing.
Your iPhone may run out of memory if too many apps are open at once, which will cause it to lag. Thus, getting rid of background apps can help your iPhone run faster.
Here’s how to close background apps:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen on an iPhone X or later, then pause in the center of the screen. Double-click the Home button if you have an iPhone 8 or an earlier model.
- Switch between apps by swiping left or right.
- Close the apps by swiping up on the preview.
Try our quick, easy fix for a slow iPhone!
In addition to the tactics disclosed above, you might try disabling automatic updates or clearing Safari caches. As a last resort, some experts advise erasing all your content and settings to reset your device. If all else fails, you might also try taking your device to a reliable and respected phone repairer.