Author: Karl Whitney
USAA is one of the largest financial services companies in the United States. They offer insurance, banking, investment management, and other related services.
Recently they announced their new contactless credit card called the USAA Visa Card.
The new card uses NFC (Near Field Communication) technology and allows customers to pay at merchants without swiping or inserting a chip into the payment terminal.
Now, you will no longer enter your PIN whenever you want to make a purchase.
Benefits of Using the USAA Contactless Card
Users can use near-field communication, often known as NFC, to safely complete payments at supporting payment points.
Using this mode of payment allows your card information to be safe and anonymous to the vendor. Aside from that, it enhances the swift checkout process. There are some main benefits of using a USAA Contactless Card:
- Very fast. At a contactless-enabled terminal, you can quickly pay by tapping your card.
- Touch-Free. During checkout, your card remains in your hand. You can therefore make a payment without touching the sales terminal.
- Secure. A unique one-time security code protects each contactless transaction against fraud.
How to Use a Contactless Card
- When you want to make a purchase, look for the Contactless Symbol at the payment terminal.
- Hold your card straight over the Contactless Symbol or tap it on the payment terminal.
- Your money is quickly and securely handled. Upon receipt of payment confirmation, you are ready to proceed!
Where Can You Use Your USAA Contactless Credit Card?
Many retailers all around the Globe offer the ease of tap to pay nowadays. Learn how a contactless card makes it easier to get the things you need whenever you need them.
- Shops and stores
- Daily Services
How to Activate a USAA Credit Card
A USAA credit card can be activated online or over the phone. If you require immediate use of your card, USAA, unlike other card issuers, allows you to activate it even before it is mailed to you.
How you can Activate your USAA Card Online
For your card to be activated, you need a USAA account online. If you don’t already have one, you can easily register and activate your card online.
You can follow the steps below to activate your USAA card:
- Log in to your USAA account online
- Look for the link “Activate card.”
- Input your card details—including the card number, expiration date, and CVV—in the field provided.
- You might be required to input your personal details, such as your birth date and Social Security number.
Activate a USAA Card by Phone
- Call USAA customer service
- Inform them that you wish to activate your card.
- Provide them with your account number and your USAA membership number.
- They may also ask for your SSN and birthdate.
The USAA’s new contactless card is designed to allow users to enjoy a swift, secure and convenient payment process. It also has great features, such as free access to USAA checking and savings accounts, plus discounts on travel and dining.